marika1981

Default cell reference question

Hi: I have a data range starting in row 9 (colums A through K) that grows
each month by inserting about 50 new rows directly between row 9 and row 10.

I'm having trouble figuring out a way to write a formula on an adjacent
worksheet that permanently references cells C10: C30 despite new rows being
inserted. (i.e. whether I use absolute or relative references, once I insert
50 new rows above row 10, the formulae then reference C60:C80).

Is there any method/mechanism to do this????

Thanks SO much!

Marika :)

Benn-at-Bax

Add another row that is unused at the bottom of your list. Reference this row
in your formula. Insert new rows just above this last row (I usually make
the cells in mine gray or black with a reminder to not delete this row). When
you insert more rows above this last row, the last row in the formula keeps
pointing to this row.
The same can be performed with columns.