Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Formatting Question

I have a table like this. I would like to format the cells so that for each
row, greatest value is Green and smallest value is Red. For example, for the
first row, %90.68% would be Green, and -28.34% would be Red.

Is this possible ? Thank you in advance.

AMD 90.68% -26.43% -28.34%
A 5.83% -37.53% 41.62%
CAT 40.13% 102.05% -14.19%
FLEX 3.50% 5.38% -27.88%
GE 72.70% 30.12% 9.35%
INTC -9.30% -19.00% 4.29%
IWM 151.48% 122.37% -0.20%
WFMI -4.09% -16.18% -4.41%
MSFT 131.67% -6.19% 18.71%
QQQQ 47.24% 42.12% -0.73%
SUNW 25.60% 25.71% 13.08%
SMH 144.23% -30.65% 8.50%
TXN 46.93% 36.61% -2.77%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the range in question, do formula is and put

=MAX($A2:$C2)=A2

where A2 is the active cell

use MIN for condition 2

(I am assuming that the top is A2:C2, adapt accordingly)

Peo Sjoblom

"carl" wrote in message
I have a table like this. I would like to format the cells so that for each
row, greatest value is Green and smallest value is Red. For example, for
the
first row, %90.68% would be Green, and -28.34% would be Red.

Is this possible ? Thank you in advance.

AMD 90.68% -26.43% -28.34%
A 5.83% -37.53% 41.62%
CAT 40.13% 102.05% -14.19%
FLEX 3.50% 5.38% -27.88%
GE 72.70% 30.12% 9.35%
INTC -9.30% -19.00% 4.29%
IWM 151.48% 122.37% -0.20%
WFMI -4.09% -16.18% -4.41%
MSFT 131.67% -6.19% 18.71%
QQQQ 47.24% 42.12% -0.73%
SUNW 25.60% 25.71% 13.08%
SMH 144.23% -30.65% 8.50%
TXN 46.93% 36.61% -2.77%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this,

3 conditional formats
=A1=MAX($A$1:$C$1)
=A1=MIN($A$1:$C$1)
=A1=MEDIAN($A$1:$C$1)

in each case use Formula is and choose your colour.
Use format painter to drag across

Mike

"carl" wrote:

I have a table like this. I would like to format the cells so that for each
row, greatest value is Green and smallest value is Red. For example, for the
first row, %90.68% would be Green, and -28.34% would be Red.

Is this possible ? Thank you in advance.

AMD 90.68% -26.43% -28.34%
A 5.83% -37.53% 41.62%
CAT 40.13% 102.05% -14.19%
FLEX 3.50% 5.38% -27.88%
GE 72.70% 30.12% 9.35%
INTC -9.30% -19.00% 4.29%
IWM 151.48% 122.37% -0.20%
WFMI -4.09% -16.18% -4.41%
MSFT 131.67% -6.19% 18.71%
QQQQ 47.24% 42.12% -0.73%
SUNW 25.60% 25.71% 13.08%
SMH 144.23% -30.65% 8.50%
TXN 46.93% 36.61% -2.77%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Assume the range of cells in question is A1:C10

Select the range A1:C10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula Is: =A1=MAX($A1:$C1)
Click the Format button
Set color to GREEN
OK
Click the Add button
Condition 2
Formula Is: =A1=MIN($A1:$C1)
Click the Format button
Set color to RED
OK out

Note that if the min and max are equal the GREEN color will be applied
first.

Biff