Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Modeling sales rep ramp

Any tips on modeling sales rep ramping; meaning modeling the increasing
productivity over time, until a rep hits 'full' productivity?

Some assumptions might include:

first 90 days of hi 25% productivity, where 100% productivity = monthly
run rate of 100% performance to quota

91-180 days = 50% productivity

etc.

The issue is, forecasting sales over time as reps enter the sales force.
Looking for a more accurate gauge than simple 'add a rep, get full
productivity' assumption.

Thanks,

R.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm guessing you have some history of this for other sales reps when they
joined the organization. I think I'd do some kind of curve fit based on
days onboard vs. productivity. I've not done this in a long time in Excel,
but I think at first, I'd plot the days onboard vs. productivity for all of
your sales force (for the first year maybe) and add a trendline to the chart
to see what you get there.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt