Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I generate an email list from my worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sep 3, 10:02*pm, Kris wrote:

It depends on what you mean by an email list. If you want a long
string of text with a separator (like a semi-colon) between addresses
you can concatenate text using a formula in a new column. Here is the
assumption: you have a column (we'll pretend it's column A) that has
valid email addresses with no blank entries and a column header cell
in A1. In column B we could put a formula in cell B2 like this:
=$B1&$A2&"; "
Now if you paste this down column B, each row will add it's email
address onto the end of the string. If this isn't what you're looking
for, please clarify.

Good luck,
Brendon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brendon,

What if I have many e-mail addresses in one cell,
how do I make a list out of it. I would want one e-mail
per cell, so that it can be saved as CSV.

Thanks.
Mukesh

" wrote:

On Sep 3, 10:02 pm, Kris wrote:

It depends on what you mean by an email list. If you want a long
string of text with a separator (like a semi-colon) between addresses
you can concatenate text using a formula in a new column. Here is the
assumption: you have a column (we'll pretend it's column A) that has
valid email addresses with no blank entries and a column header cell
in A1. In column B we could put a formula in cell B2 like this:
=$B1&$A2&"; "
Now if you paste this down column B, each row will add it's email
address onto the end of the string. If this isn't what you're looking
for, please clarify.

Good luck,
Brendon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In that case there should be semi colons, use Text to Columns.

Mukesh wrote:

Copy pasted from cc field.

" wrote:

On Sep 3, 10:02 pm, Kris wrote:

It depends on what you mean by an email list. If you want a long
string of text with a separator (like a semi-colon) between addresses
you can concatenate text using a formula in a new column. Here is the
assumption: you have a column (we'll pretend it's column A) that has
valid email addresses with no blank entries and a column header cell
in A1. In column B we could put a formula in cell B2 like this:
=$B1&$A2&"; "
Now if you paste this down column B, each row will add it's email
address onto the end of the string. If this isn't what you're looking
for, please clarify.

Good luck,
Brendon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please elaborate.

Thanks.
Mukesh

"Bob I" wrote:

In that case there should be semi colons, use Text to Columns.

Mukesh wrote:

Copy pasted from cc field.

" wrote:

On Sep 3, 10:02 pm, Kris wrote:

It depends on what you mean by an email list. If you want a long
string of text with a separator (like a semi-colon) between addresses
you can concatenate text using a formula in a new column. Here is the
assumption: you have a column (we'll pretend it's column A) that has
valid email addresses with no blank entries and a column header cell
in A1. In column B we could put a formula in cell B2 like this:
=$B1&$A2&"; "
Now if you paste this down column B, each row will add it's email
address onto the end of the string. If this isn't what you're looking
for, please clarify.

Good luck,
Brendon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Datatext to columns use semi colon as delimiter

Peo Sjoblom

"Mukesh" wrote in message
Please elaborate.

Thanks.
Mukesh

"Bob I" wrote:

In that case there should be semi colons, use Text to Columns.

Mukesh wrote:

Copy pasted from cc field.

" wrote:

On Sep 3, 10:02 pm, Kris wrote:

It depends on what you mean by an email list. If you want a long
string of text with a separator (like a semi-colon) between
addresses
you can concatenate text using a formula in a new column. Here is
the
assumption: you have a column (we'll pretend it's column A) that
has
valid email addresses with no blank entries and a column header
cell
in A1. In column B we could put a formula in cell B2 like this:
=$B1&$A2&"; "
Now if you paste this down column B, each row will add it's email
address onto the end of the string. If this isn't what you're
looking
for, please clarify.

Good luck,
Brendon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you.

Mukesh

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Datatext to columns use semi colon as delimiter

Peo Sjoblom

"Mukesh" wrote in message
Please elaborate.

Thanks.
Mukesh

"Bob I" wrote:

In that case there should be semi colons, use Text to Columns.

Mukesh wrote:

Copy pasted from cc field.