Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto-generate OUTLOOK email based upon EXCEL Workbook data

I've always been told, "It never hurts to ask", so here I go.

I was wondering if it is possible (without Papal Intervention) to use Excel
to generate email via MS Outlook based upon worksheet data.

Specifically: I'm working on a task to record/track/inventory Purchase
Orders (PO) on my contract. My desire is to send email 120 days before the
PO ends to the individual(s) on the contract exercising authority over the
purchased items or services. [Email addresses of cognizant individuals and
renewal data info would be entered when the PO is approved and received, thus
setting the stage for renewal evolutions in the future.]

I'm not well-skilled by any means in Excel, but would prefer to use it if
possible to accomplish all that is required of me.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jeff

You can start with the second example on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm

Start with a simple test workbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Henn9660" wrote in message ...
I've always been told, "It never hurts to ask", so here I go.

I was wondering if it is possible (without Papal Intervention) to use Excel
to generate email via MS Outlook based upon worksheet data.

Specifically: I'm working on a task to record/track/inventory Purchase
Orders (PO) on my contract. My desire is to send email 120 days before the
PO ends to the individual(s) on the contract exercising authority over the
purchased items or services. [Email addresses of cognizant individuals and
renewal data info would be entered when the PO is approved and received, thus
setting the stage for renewal evolutions in the future.]

I'm not well-skilled by any means in Excel, but would prefer to use it if
possible to accomplish all that is required of me.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your ears must be burning! I just printed out your, "Example Code for
sending mail from Excel" (updated 22-Feb-2008).

Sadly, however, I lost the link from which I printed it! LOL.

But come next Monday morning (when my brain is again working...), I'll go
back and locate it in order to capture the add-ins you referenced. Thanks
for such a quick reply, Ron! It's greatly apreciated.

Jeff