Old September 3rd 08, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation Menu Greyed Out?

I have a spreadsheet that already has "drop down" arrows on every cell in a
column data to select from. I was able to find the data that is supposed to
be used for the "drop down" menu and that the data name range assigned to it.

The problem I'm having is that when I go to the menu bar and select Data,
the Validation option is greyed out.

How can access the data validation menu when it is greyed out? The entire
file is unprotected.

Thank you for your help!

Tom

Old September 3rd 08, 11:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The sheet is protected?

The workbook is shared?

You have more than one sheet selected?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old September 4th 08, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From looking at the Protection menus, the only option I have from the Tools
menu is to "Protect Shared Workbook". All other options are greyed out.

Thank you for your help!

Tom

Old September 4th 08, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to let you know, the workbook was passed to me to use. I know there
has to be something simple to access the data validation menu from the menu
bar. The data list is stored in a separate worksheet and need to be
modified.

Thank you!

From looking at the Protection menus, the only option I have from the Tools

Old September 4th 08, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That indicates the workbook is shared.

Go to ToolsShare Workbook and unshare it.

Gord

From looking at the Protection menus, the only option I have from the Tools