Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TomP TomP is offline

Default Data Validation Menu Greyed Out?

That did the trick! :-) Thank you so much for your help!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

That indicates the workbook is shared.

Go to ToolsShare Workbook and unshare it.

Gord

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:10:13 -0700, TomP
wrote:

From looking at the Protection menus, the only option I have from the Tools
menu is to "Protect Shared Workbook". All other options are greyed out.

Thank you for your help!

Tom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The sheet is protected?

The workbook is shared?

You have more than one sheet selected?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:04:01 -0700, TomP
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that already has "drop down" arrows on every cell in a
column data to select from. I was able to find the data that is supposed to
be used for the "drop down" menu and that the data name range assigned to it.

The problem I'm having is that when I go to the menu bar and select Data,
the Validation option is greyed out.

How can access the data validation menu when it is greyed out? The entire
file is unprotected.

Thank you for your help!

Tom