Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Notation

Recovering from major crash, had to reload XP and Office 2003, etc. Now
when I open an Excel workbook, I get a small triangular mark in the upper
left-hand corner of some cells. Apparently to do with formatting. Anyway,
try as I might I can't find the right box to click to get rid of it.

Been here before but I don't remember what to do. Appreciate any
suggestions

Thx
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try:

Tools|Options|Error Checking tab
Turn off the things you don't like

(You may find that those warnings are nice and want to keep them turned on.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Dave ... Green triangles come from:

Tools ... Options ... Error Checking Tab ... Rules

Uncheck the ones you do not want to apply ...

HTH ... Kha

"David" wrote:

Recovering from major crash, had to reload XP and Office 2003, etc. Now
when I open an Excel workbook, I get a small triangular mark in the upper
left-hand corner of some cells. Apparently to do with formatting. Anyway,
try as I might I can't find the right box to click to get rid of it.

Been here before but I don't remember what to do. Appreciate any
suggestions

Thx
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you gentlemen -
Guess I didn't think of these things as errors, but I guess Bill Gates does
(did)
Appreciate the help

Dave