Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Set Notation in Excel

There was in earlier versions of excel set notation symbols in the symbol
table. Are these symbols still available and where are they located?
--
mj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure if this is what you want but try...
on the menu bar.....Insertsymbol.

Regards
FSt1

"mj" wrote:

There was in earlier versions of excel set notation symbols in the symbol
table. Are these symbols still available and where are they located?
--
mj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm using Excel 2007. When insert symbol is used the table displayed does
not include symbols such as; union, intersection element, etc. Perhaps I
could be missing them.
--
mj

On Nov 23, 12:09 am, mj wrote:
There was in earlier versions of excel set notation symbols in the symbol
table. Are these symbols still available and where are they located?
--
mj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set notation characters are 0199 to 0207 in the Symbol font.. Press and hold
down the ALT key and type the four-digit number (including leading zeros) on
the numeric keypad (not the numbers above the letters) and then format the
characters for Symbol font.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson