Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default combine data

i have numerical data in two seperate columns, and I would like to combine
the data into one column in chronological order. is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say our data in cols A & B is:

Aegir 9/2/2008
Albiorix 2/21/2008
Anthe 2/3/2008
Atlas 1/6/2008
Bebhionn 5/22/2008
Bergelmir 9/28/2008
Bestla 3/31/2008
Calypso 11/15/2008
Daphnis 3/5/2008
Dione 12/3/2008
Enceladus 5/22/2008
Epimetheus 12/21/2008
Erriapus 8/31/2008
Farbauti 7/25/2008
Fenrir 12/31/2008
Fornjot 1/1/2008
Greip 4/16/2008
Hati 2/13/2008
Helene 9/16/2008

First we sort cols A & B by B and then in C1 enter:
=A1&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yyyy") and copy down to see:

Fornjot01/01/2008
Atlas01/06/2008
Anthe02/03/2008
Hati02/13/2008
Albiorix02/21/2008
Daphnis03/05/2008
Bestla03/31/2008
Greip04/16/2008
Bebhionn05/22/2008
Enceladus05/22/2008
Farbauti07/25/2008
Erriapus08/31/2008
Aegir09/02/2008
Helene09/16/2008
Bergelmir09/28/2008
Calypso11/15/2008
Dione12/03/2008
Epimetheus12/21/2008
Fenrir12/31/2008

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"scott" wrote:

i have numerical data in two seperate columns, and I would like to combine
the data into one column in chronological order. is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:00:01 -0700, scott
wrote:

i have numerical data in two seperate columns, and I would like to combine
the data into one column in chronological order. is there a way to do this?

An example of input and expected output data would be helpful.

Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy column 2 below column 1 then sort ascending.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP