Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combine data - Please help

I have two lists of ticket numbers (sheet 1 and 2 of my workbook). On sheet
2 each ticket number is assigned a control number. I need the controll
number to show on sheet 1. The ticket numbers in both lists are the same,
however, both lists do not contain the exact same ticket numbers throughout.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a good scenario for a VLOOKUP formula. You can search the Excel help
for the sintaxis and apply it to your current layout of the data.
For the nonmatching tickets, you may want to add some IF statements to avoid
showing errors, but I would suggest to start with getting the data first and
after that move to the special cases.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.