Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Insert Typing field has disappeared

Hi there.
This may sound a little silly, however, the field that I use to type
information into (so it transfers the copy into the selected field), has
disappeared and I don't know how to retrieve it. For example: if I have a c
ell with, say, 20 words typed into it and one word is misspelt, I have to
retyped the entire sentence, inside the actual cell, to fix the error. I
don't have the field at the top of the screen that shows the copy, so I can't
place the cursor where the error is and then fix it, so it then fixes itself
in the cell (I hope this makes sense).
How do I retrieve this field?
Thanks for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Diamond Girl

You could also double click on the cell that you wish to edit.
If that does not work, Tools-options-edit-tick edit directly in cell (
which is the default setting for Excel)

Mohan

Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) wrote:
Does clicking View/Formula Bar on Excel's menu bar bring it back?

Rick

Hi there.
This may sound a little silly, however, the field that I use to type

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
How do I retrieve this field?
Thanks for your time.