Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Insert Typing field has disappeared

Hi Diamond Girl,

Go into Tools|Options|View & check the 'Formula bar' option

--
Cheers
macropod

"Diamond Girl" <Diamond wrote in message ...
Hi there.
This may sound a little silly, however, the field that I use to type
information into (so it transfers the copy into the selected field), has
disappeared and I don't know how to retrieve it. For example: if I have a c
ell with, say, 20 words typed into it and one word is misspelt, I have to
retyped the entire sentence, inside the actual cell, to fix the error. I
don't have the field at the top of the screen that shows the copy, so I can't
place the cursor where the error is and then fix it, so it then fixes itself
in the cell (I hope this makes sense).
How do I retrieve this field?
Thanks for your time.