Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default the insert row with the asterisk disappeared from my list

I have a worksheet with several lists. A couple of times now, I have had the
insert row (with the asterisk) disappear from the end of some of the lists.
Right now I have a worksheet with 5 lists. The first four don't have an
insert row when they're active. The last one does. How does this happen and
how can I get the insert row back? I've tried converting it back to a range
and recreating the list, but this doesn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mark" wrote:

I have a worksheet with several lists. A couple of times now, I have had the
insert row (with the asterisk) disappear from the end of some of the lists.
Right now I have a worksheet with 5 lists. The first four don't have an
insert row when they're active. The last one does. How does this happen and
how can I get the insert row back? I've tried converting it back to a range
and recreating the list, but this doesn't work.

Replying to my own message in case anyone's looking for an answer.

I also found that I wasn't able to insert a row into a list. I got a
message saying that I couldn't insert into a "filtered list" even though I
didn't have any filters on.

I went into the working list (maybe any of them would have worked) and went
to the DATA/FILTER/ADVANCED FILTER selection. In the Criteria Range there
was a reference to a seemingly random cell in the first list on the
worksheet, which was not working. I deleted the reference. Suddenly all the
other lists were working and going into them showed that the criteria range
was blank. I don't know why this worked nor will I swear that I also didn't
make some other inadvertent change at the same time, but in case you've had
this problem........