Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CSV files - auto format

Is it possible to set up when extracting data from a DB to a csv file for the
following to always happen;

default font of Ariel 10

Thanks Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're creating a CSV file???

If that's what you're doing, then the CSV file is plain old text. It doesn't
keep track of any formatting characteristics.

The font you see will depend on the application that you're using to view the
..csv file.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Evening
the csv file is being created by exporting data from the company IT system.
The issue that some users have is they would like this to be the "nicer"
looking format like set the text to font to Ariel 10, have the tab showing
(when the csv file creates you need to go options and then tick sheets)

I dont think we can we change the look and feel and the csv file so this is
completed automatically when we export data but what about through a macro of
some sort??

This would allow the user to export data from the company IT system, then
open the csv file run the macro and save as an .xls file - im sure they would
be happy with this.

Many thanks
Peter