Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ignore auto format after applying a custom format??

Already confused Probably just me!! I need 2 alter the appearances of the
odd cell, whilst maintaining the auto format day/date settings, but not font
colour & borders etc....
I do a monthly "thingo" (schedule), in which, at present, I use auto format
2 complete days & dates - I have rows for Sat & Sun which r not 2 b seen and
2 date, have been using white txt colour so, when printed, u just see a gap -
desired effect!
Have tried custom format (worked well) but as soon as I used auto fill again
it overrode custom (set 4 white txt). Also have tried grouping & hiding
(works well, but doesn't leave desired gap between weeks - tried bold outline
on bottom border, but NQR still! ~~ Long story short:
Does anyone know how to force cells to "go with the flow" of auto
formatting, but not 2 show contents 2 achieve what I am after??--
cheers & thx ___ J-Pop :-)