Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking duplicate file

Hi,

I have an excel file stored in Location 1, and would like to duplicate this
file into Location 2. Edit and update will be done to the original file in
Location 1 only. I would like to link the duplicated file in Location 2 to
the location 1 file, so everytime it get updated, the duplicated file in
location 2 will automatically get update everytime I open it.

Kindly advise whether such link is possible and how?

Would it make any difference if Location 1 and 2 are both in the same
server, but different folder, and;

if Location 1 is a server and Location 2 is a local hard drive, do I link
the files the same way as if both file are stored in the same server?

Regards,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think the best way is to copy the file to the other location when you close
the file.

You can write the code in Workbook_BeforeClose macro.