Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate file on opening

Hello
I have specific file which has started taking longer than usual to open. I
have been into task manager and it shows that Excel has loaded the same file
twice, exactly the same name with no increment on the second file to indicate
it is a copy. The first file shows to be "Running" and the second "Not
Responding". The Excel screen has frozen (probably showing the second file
not responding) and all I can do is to end task on "either" of the files
which shuts down both.

The file is vba rich but has no code to create this issue.

Any ideas!
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you close the instance of excel that is running, then use the task manager
to end the not-responding instance?

If this happens each time you open the file, I don't have a suggestion.

Maybe you could share the version of excel that you're using and how you're
opening the file.

Someone else may have a suggestion with more background.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cresta wrote:

Hello
I have specific file which has started taking longer than usual to open. I
have been into task manager and it shows that Excel has loaded the same file
twice, exactly the same name with no increment on the second file to indicate
it is a copy. The first file shows to be "Running" and the second "Not
Responding". The Excel screen has frozen (probably showing the second file
not responding) and all I can do is to end task on "either" of the files
which shuts down both.

The file is vba rich but has no code to create this issue.

Any ideas!
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

All I can recommend is that you send one of us the file itself for
testing. It may be that there is something in the code that is
causing the file to lock up in this way.

Kind regards,
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 30, 3:07 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
If the OP wants to send you a file directly, that's fine.

But since this is a text newsgroup, binary attachments aren't welcomed by most.

Matt Richardson wrote:

<<snipped

All I can recommend is that you send one of us the file itself for
testing. It may be that there is something in the code that is
causing the file to lock up in this way.

Kind regards,
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com

--

Dave Peterson

I'll be happy for you to send it to me directly - that's what I
actually meant.

Kind regards,
Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com