Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop Excel (2003) from opening up duplicate workbooks?

I have a workbook that every time I open it, Excel opens up a second
duplicate, adding the a 1 and a 2 to the file extension. I'm trying to find
out how to correct this. I've tried following what VERY LITTLE help I'm
getting, but none of it is working. Can anyone help me? I do know that it
does have something to do with viewing multiple sheets in a workbook. Any
help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
Kevin Backmann
I believe at some point when the file was open WINDOW/NEW WINDOW was

"jenstherapist" wrote:

I have a workbook that every time I open it, Excel opens up a second
duplicate, adding the a 1 and a 2 to the file extension. I'm trying to find
out how to correct this. I've tried following what VERY LITTLE help I'm
getting, but none of it is working. Can anyone help me? I do know that it
does have something to do with viewing multiple sheets in a workbook. Any
help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have two windows open in the one workbook. You can use the Window menu
to move between them, or the Arrange function on the Window menu to see the
windows together.
Click the X in the top right-hand corner (*below* the red X) to close one of
the windows, then you can save the workbook with only one window open.
--
David Biddulph