Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TMC TMC is offline

Default How do I stop the automatic opening of Template Help in Excel?

Each time I open an Excel workbook (.xls) that has been built from a
template downloaded from sources such as Microsoft Downloads, the Template
Help pane in Task Pane automatically opens. How can I prevent this from
opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TMC TMC is offline

Hi JLatham -- Alas, that was one of the "fixes" I already tried --- to no
avail. Very frustrating to have the goofy Template Help pane show up each
time I open one of these workbooks. Thanks for the response, though --
appreciate it.

tmc

"TMC" wrote:

Each time I open an Excel workbook (.xls) that has been built from a
template downloaded from sources such as Microsoft Downloads, the Template
Help pane in Task Pane automatically opens. How can I prevent this from
opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you point me to one specific template from the MSFT site that causes this
to happen. This could be interesting to track down. Or easier still, attach
a copy of the original template file to an email and send it to me so I can
play with it?

remove spaces: HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com will get it to me. Let me know
which version of Excel you're using also.

"TMC" wrote:

Each time I open an Excel workbook (.xls) that has been built from a
template downloaded from sources such as Microsoft Downloads, the Template
Help pane in Task Pane automatically opens. How can I prevent this from
opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop the automatic opening of Template Helpin Excel? - TM

You're saving the file(s) as templates. To save them as normal excel files goto:

File Properties Custom

Under Properties select the template and click delete. Save the file. Now when you open the file the "Template Help" task pane will not open.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem Remain Same

I am still facing the same problem as i did apply the solution to remove.
may I email this template to you

Forrest Blank wrote:

You're saving the file(s) as templates.
16-Jul-07

You're saving the file(s) as templates. To save them as normal excel files goto:

File Properties Custom

Under Properties select the template and click delete. Save the file. Now when you open the file the "Template Help" task pane will not open.

On Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:08 PM
TM wrote:

How do I stop the automatic opening of Template Help in Excel?
Each time I open an Excel workbook (.xls) that has been built from a
template downloaded from sources such as Microsoft Downloads, the Template
Help pane in Task Pane automatically opens. How can I prevent this from
opening?

On Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:40 PM
HelpFrom wrote:

How do I stop the automatic opening of Template Help in Excel?
Excel 2003: Tools | Options | [View] tab. Clear the box labeled "Startup
Task Pane"

Hope this helps.

"TMC" wrote:

On Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:56 PM
TM wrote:

Hi JLatham -- Alas, that was one of the "fixes" I already tried --- to no
Hi JLatham -- Alas, that was one of the "fixes" I already tried --- to no
avail. Very frustrating to have the goofy Template Help pane show up each
time I open one of these workbooks. Thanks for the response, though --
appreciate it.

tmc

"JLatham" wrote:

On Saturday, July 07, 2007 10:18 PM
HelpFrom wrote:

Can you point me to one specific template from the MSFT site that causes this
Can you point me to one specific template from the MSFT site that causes this
to happen. This could be interesting to track down. Or easier still, attach
a copy of the original template file to an email and send it to me so I can
play with it?

remove spaces: HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com will get it to me. Let me know
which version of Excel you're using also.

"TMC" wrote:

On Monday, July 16, 2007 10:28 AM
Forrest Blank wrote:

You're saving the file(s) as templates.
You're saving the file(s) as templates. To save them as normal excel files goto:

File Properties Custom

Under Properties select the template and click delete. Save the file. Now when you open the file the "Template Help" task pane will not open.

Convert XML ADO recordset to Table with the DOM
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-recordse.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to stop Excel opening with the task pane showing

This applies to Microsoft Excel 2003 - it may apply to other versions as well but that remains to be tested.

Sometimes Excel will start up with the Task Pane showing and, more often than not, your first task will be to close the damn thing. In answer to the question of how to stop it appearing in the first place, people are usually told to uncheck the box which says ?Show Startup Task Pane?, which you can find under ?Tools?Options?? then click the ?View? tab.

Sometimes this works - sometimes it doesn?t. This article may be the saviour for those people who?ve tried that but who find that it makes not the slightest bit of difference.

http://www.collents.eu/cem/tatep/?x=...y100511-062005

Mohsin Ali wrote:

Problem Remain Same
13-Jan-10

Forrest Blank wrote:

You're saving the file(s) as templates.
You're saving the file(s) as templates. To save them as normal excel files goto:

File Properties Custom

Under Properties select the template and click delete. Save the file. Now when you open the file the "Template Help" task pane will not open.

On Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:23 AM
Mohsin Ali wrote:

Problem Remain Same
I am still facing the same problem as i did apply the solution to remove.
may I email this template to you

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...essing-in.aspx