Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

Default Format as table problems..

I'm having two problems when formatting a table with no header row column
labels.

#1: I would like for my autoformat to not place the filter function on all
of my columns automatically

#2: the autoformat is inserting column labels where I have none, i.e.
column1, 2, 3, etc.

I can toggle off the filtering but haven't found a way yet to get rid of the
Excel generated column labels in my tables header row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

I found the answer he http://www.maysstuff.com/excel/new07.html

here's the explanation:"No matter what the interactive guides, etc. tell
you, AutoFormat is gone. Yes, there is a Format as Table option in the Styles
group of the Home tab, but it does WAY more than format your table. What it
does is convert your table to what Excel used to call an Excel List. You get
list arrows and filter options and all kinds of junk you really don't need
and probably don't want if your goal was just to make it pretty! If you just
want the formatting, go ahead and use Format as Table and then dump all of
that extra garbage by clicking Convert to Range in the Tools group of the
Table Tools - Design tab (important for Subtotal users - the Subtotal dialog
box (Data tab, Outline Group) is not available for a 'Table'-you must Convert
to Range to use it). On the other hand, if you were missing the Excel 2003
DataListCreate List Option, now you know where to find it! Recap just in
case - Format as Table in the Styles group of the Home tab is really the
former Create List option, not the former AutoFormat tool. Clear? :-)"