Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Monty

Default Date format problems

2006-02-03-01.48.09.698000

I have a column that consist of a date/start time stamp (as shown
above). I have changed the format of the column using custom that
follows this format, however when I try to scatter chart this, I get at
1900-01-00, 1900-01-10 etc. for one of the axis. Any idea how to keep
the original contents and why is it going to a 1900 year? Thanks in
advance!

--
Monty
Monty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33605

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Excel treats dates as the number of days since 1/1/1900. If the values it is
using as category labels in a chart are not recognized as numerical, it uses
1, 2, 3, etc. The hint that your dates are not being recognized is the 1900
year. Two potential problems come to mind:

1. Are the values like this (2006-02-03-01.48.09.698000) real date/time
values with a special number format, or are they strings you've constructed,
and therefore nonnumeric?

2. Does the chart refer to the intended range for its category values?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services