Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fable

Default Date format Question

I build a database within excel where the Date is the unique record
value, however Im having problems since my PC is English (Regional
Setting, Language) and some the End Users is set in Spanish.

The problem being English date format is mm/dd/yy and Spanish is
dd/mm/aa (AA being “Año” or Year translated). When a search is
performed on a Spanish PC the Excel file does not find anything since
the Database on has all transformed into usable format.

Example: August 1, 2005 in the database it would look like “08/01/05”
on an English PC, but when a Spanish PC End User does a search it turn
into “01/08/YYYY”

Is there a way to force the Date to change and stay into an English
date format mm/dd/yy both on Upon Data Entrée and within the database.

Thanking you in advance,

--
Fable

Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489468

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

Change the cell format.

Format CellsNumber:

Catergory = Custom

Type = DD/MM/YYYY

If this doesn't work, it may be a case of changing your regional
setting, within control panel.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960