Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 problem

I have an excel 2003 file and I can not open it. When I open this file, there
is a message that:
"one or more invalid names were detected in this workbook. Those invalid
names have been changed to #REF!"
can you help me to solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Aren't you prompted to provide a new name for those invalid names?

Just type in a new name to see if that fixes the problem. Remember if you have
VBA code that used the original name, it'll have to be fixed there, too.

If this doesn't help, I would use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
to help me find those broken names/formulas.

Then if they were important enough to fix, I'd go back to xl2003 and open that
workbook and change the names to something valid.

--

Dave Peterson