Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import Data refresh problem

Hi there,

I have Import Data from an SQL view in Excel. The first four columns' data
is formatted (I think templates might have been used) to have the fill
colour, etc change. Whenever I am on any line in these first four columns,
the refresh option is not available. Now, when I manually delete lines, and
refresh the data, the numeric data, etc is refreshed and displayed, but the
first four columns of the refreshed lines do not show any data.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Much appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure here, just quessing but i assume that you are using MS query and i
take it by your post that you didn't set this up.
excel looks at a MS querytable as a named range. so check to see what the
range address is. in 2003 it would be...
on the menu bar...insertnamedefine.
click on the query name and check the range address at the bottom. i suspect
that the first four column may not be part of the querytable range.
if not, try and track down the person that set this up for
clairification/explination.

Regards
FSt1

"PsyberFox" wrote:

Hi there,

I have Import Data from an SQL view in Excel. The first four columns' data
is formatted (I think templates might have been used) to have the fill
colour, etc change. Whenever I am on any line in these first four columns,
the refresh option is not available. Now, when I manually delete lines, and
refresh the data, the numeric data, etc is refreshed and displayed, but the
first four columns of the refreshed lines do not show any data.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there... and thank you for your reply.
I have many many of these set up in various workbooks / sheets in Excel, and
all of them work fine. In this specific workbook there are 5 different
queries being imported into Excel, and all work fine except this one.
It is doing this via the MS query function, but no named ranges are
defined...

Rgds,

"PsyberFox" wrote:

Hi there,

I have Import Data from an SQL view in Excel. The first four columns' data
is formatted (I think templates might have been used) to have the fill
colour, etc change. Whenever I am on any line in these first four columns,
the refresh option is not available. Now, when I manually delete lines, and
refresh the data, the numeric data, etc is refreshed and displayed, but the
first four columns of the refreshed lines do not show any data.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not possible. named ranges is how excel knows where to put the data.
right click the querytable then click data range properties. at the top is
the name of the query. recheck the named range dialog for the querytable
address.

regards
FSt1

"PsyberFox" wrote:

Hi there,

I have Import Data from an SQL view in Excel. The first four columns' data
is formatted (I think templates might have been used) to have the fill
colour, etc change. Whenever I am on any line in these first four columns,
the refresh option is not available. Now, when I manually delete lines, and
refresh the data, the numeric data, etc is refreshed and displayed, but the
first four columns of the refreshed lines do not show any data.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Much appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

My apologies... the sheet's query's named range is there - I actually didn't
think it would take this name, but alas... ;-)

Thank you for your help!