Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default .XLB files and network

Hi,
I have an excel document with a custom toolbar (visual Basic, WordArt, ...).
I put this document in a common network folder to share it with my friends.

I want to activate my custom toolbar when my friends open my document. But
only this document. If i copy my .XLB file on the network and change
tools!option!general tab to activate it at startup, i change the user
specification for ever.

Is it possible to attach a custom toolbar in a specific document?
I use Excel 2003
Thank you.
Alain

folder, i share my Excel document. I confi I want to share a 2003 Excel
document with my friend. I I put it in our network at a specific place. I
configure ma
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can certainly have custom menus that only appear in specific workbooks,
or even on specific sheets within a workbook. A good starting point for your
search for help is:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&\1Product=xlw
another very helpful source is at
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/custom-menus.htm

I've written numerous Excel 2003 applications using custom menus, each
tailored to different features needed for specific pages within a workbook.
So I know it works. What you have to be cautious about is application
failure - if your Excel program crashes while a custom menu is displayed in
the toolbar, it will remain there in other workbooks opened even though it'll
mostly be dysfunctional. You can control the creation and destruction of the
custom menus through the Workbook's Open, Close, Activate and Deactivate
events and also through individual Worksheet Activate and Deactivate events.

"Alain" wrote:

Hi,
I have an excel document with a custom toolbar (visual Basic, WordArt, ...).
I put this document in a common network folder to share it with my friends.

I want to activate my custom toolbar when my friends open my document. But
only this document. If i copy my .XLB file on the network and change
tools!option!general tab to activate it at startup, i change the user
specification for ever.

Is it possible to attach a custom toolbar in a specific document?
I use Excel 2003
Thank you.
Alain

folder, i share my Excel document. I confi I want to share a 2003 Excel
document with my friend. I I put it in our network at a specific place. I
configure ma

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I may have misinterpreted what you wrote when I read it. You're not looking
to actually create new toolbars/menu items, but rather you've created a
custom toolbar that you've placed certain standard functions onto. This can
also be set up per workbook, and I believe the Microsoft link I provided
should help with that also.