Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can Excel be linked to MS Acess?

I'm taking a shot in the dark here but can MS Acess be linked to an Excel
worksheet? At work we use Acess(gatelog) to track people in and out. We
then transfer those times for people manually to an Excel worksheet. Is
there any (hopefully easy) way to link the two so the Excel worksheet is auto
updated with all the same information? If so how would I go about that and
what all would need to be involved?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to do a database query. In excel go to the following menu

Data - Import External Data - New Database Query

Choose MS Access Database. Then use Browse to get to you database file.

"Madhart" wrote:

I'm taking a shot in the dark here but can MS Acess be linked to an Excel
worksheet? At work we use Acess(gatelog) to track people in and out. We
then transfer those times for people manually to an Excel worksheet. Is
there any (hopefully easy) way to link the two so the Excel worksheet is auto
updated with all the same information? If so how would I go about that and
what all would need to be involved?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Yes you can connect Excel to Access using import external data option.

Data--Import External Data--New Database Query--Access Database-- select
your database file and the table which you want to connect.

You can refresh the worksheet everytime when you want to update the excel
file. Also you can set to refresh on open under Data Range properties (which
you will get when you right click on the data imported).
--
Cheers.

Rodrick