Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sudden Change in Copy & Paste Format

I've always been able to copy and paste spreadsheet data so that a the cells
updated automatically, i.e., summarizing the data in column 1 would only look
in column 1 and when copied to column 2, the formula would automatically
adjust to copy the data in column 2.

Suddenly, I can no longer paste the formulas. If I copy to column 2, it
just posts the data from column 1. I've tried using paste special but to no
avail.

Also, the formula results do not automatically update when source data is
changed.

Clearly something within Excel was changed, but I cannot figure out what
happened or how to correct it. Any advice would be appreciated.
--
GPBurdell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Take a look at ToolsOptionsCalculation and ensure it is set to Automatic

--
Regards
Roger Govier