Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SLB SLB is offline

Default copy & paste and change format

I am copying a large amount of written data from one Excel spreadsheet and
pasting into another. The orginal information is in ALL Caps. I want to
format the pasted information to be in lower case. Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SLB Wrote:
I am copying a large amount of written data from one Excel spreadsheet
and
pasting into another. The orginal information is in ALL Caps. I want
format the pasted information to be in lower case. Help.

Hi,

If your pasted text is in column A, insert in B1

=LOWER(A1) , then drag this down, then copy column B, paste special
values. Then delect column A

oldchippy :)

--
oldchippy