Junior Member

Default Update worksheet from Master workbook

Hi y'all,
I did search, but I didn't find one that fit my situation close enough to be comfortable with, and was afraid to do something that might mess everything up.

I work in an insurance company. We have 7 people in the office and we all share a network drive, as well as having the regular c drive on our computers. All of the important business documents are kept on the network drive. We have multiple contact databases; one for agents, one for clients, one for insurance providers, etc. There are 7 altogether. Only one person can open the file in edit mode at a time. I rarely edit, but I do use them extensively every day. When I open the file, if I'm the first to do it that day, I get the edit capabilities, then am asked if I can get out of it so that someone else can edit it.

I've made a workbook with 7 worksheets, each tab(sheet) named after one of the databases on the network. I'd like to have Excel automatically do an update from the master every time I open the worksheet file in the morning. This way I will always have the correct information to do my job, but they'll all be in one book and I won't have to exit it to let someone else in. I've cut and paste, but that won't update. I've tried linking, but I can't figure out how to do it for the whole sheet instead of just a few cells. I'm now using import data, but it doesn't update either, does it? I do need the updates...

Does anyone know how I can get the information that I want? I could cut and paste every morning, but I'm sure Excel has an easier, automated way to get the files, right? Thanks so much for your help!
~Ky