Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pasting into Excel comments

Excel 2003 SP2

I would like to know if it is possible to paste cells or a "mini" Excel
spreadsheet into a comment?

I use the main spreadsheet as a map of production manufactruing systems, I
would like to be able to have maintenance personell be able to move their
mouse over a given system and have the comment pop up with a spreadsheet of
the latest data for the system, such as software version, problems, parts
missing, pm's etc. (the list is actually quite long)

So, It would be nice if the comment could be a mini spreadsheet, I could
enter the data in the comment, but it is easier to have a row/column setup
with color codes representing the status of each variable.

Is this doable? Do I need to program someting(s)

Also - why are Excel comments so restricted in what is allowed to be pasted
there?
I would think it would be like all other MS apps, copy and paste freely.

Thanks in advance,
WC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, WC !