Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pasting excel into word

I am trying to paste a column from excel into word (2003 version). I can
paste it as unformatted text, but what i really want to do is paste it with
cells separated by commas. Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 27, 3:38 pm, kmbenn0 wrote:
I am trying to paste a column from excel into word (2003 version). I can
paste it as unformatted text, but what i really want to do is paste it with
cells separated by commas. Is that possible?

An easy-ish route would be to save your spreadsheet as a CSV (File
SaveAs) and then open the CSV file with notepad and you'll see the
data separated by commas. Copy it out of notepad and into your word
document.

Since you're only interested in a single column, copy the column to a
separate workbook, then paste-special and select the transpose option
to get the column to appear as a row. Then save it as a CSV to get
only the data you're after.

Brian Herbert Withun