Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default add subtotals in columns in pivot table

I have a pivot table with three years of various categories of data in rows,
divided into quarters for the years 2005-2007, running horizontally in 12
columns. I would like to insert a new column for the total of the 4 quarters
for each year.
Can someone please give me some guidance?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dar dar is offline

This is a function related to the particular field. (assuming yr
field is part of the pivot table) right click on the file and choose
FIELD SETTINGS. in the sub-section titled SUB-TOTALS ensure AUTOMATIC
is clicked (or CUSTOM If you should want a custom calculation instead
of SUM

dar

On Aug 8, 4:20*pm, Help Eliminate Auto Theft
m wrote:
Please disregard as I found the solution.

"Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:

I have apivottable with three years of various categories of data in rows,
divided into quarters for the years *2005-2007, running horizontally in 12
columns. I would like to insert a newcolumnfor thetotalof the 4 quarters
for each year.
Can someone please give me some guidance?
Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -