Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2000 to Excel 2007

I have just used Excel 2007 in Vista to look at an Excel 2000 file on a
memory stick and noticed Excel was running in Compatibility mode. I then
copied a Worksheet from the Excel file 2000 to a new file in Excel 2007
and noticed that Excel 2007 was not running in Compatibility mode. Is
this par for the course i.e. what might be expected?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That makes perfect sense to me. Compatibility mode preserves the
original file structure, which is not necessary with creating a new file
and having pasted in the info.

Gerry wrote:

I have just used Excel 2007 in Vista to look at an Excel 2000 file on a
memory stick and noticed Excel was running in Compatibility mode. I then
copied a Worksheet from the Excel file 2000 to a new file in Excel 2007
and noticed that Excel 2007 was not running in Compatibility mode. Is
this par for the course i.e. what might be expected?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~