-   -   Excel 2000 to Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197984-excel-2000-excel-2007-a.html)

Gerry[_3_]

Excel 2000 to Excel 2007

I have just used Excel 2007 in Vista to look at an Excel 2000 file on a
memory stick and noticed Excel was running in Compatibility mode. I then
copied a Worksheet from the Excel file 2000 to a new file in Excel 2007
and noticed that Excel 2007 was not running in Compatibility mode. Is
this par for the course i.e. what might be expected?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob I

Excel 2000 to Excel 2007

That makes perfect sense to me. Compatibility mode preserves the
original file structure, which is not necessary with creating a new file
and having pasted in the info.

Gerry wrote:

I have just used Excel 2007 in Vista to look at an Excel 2000 file on a
memory stick and noticed Excel was running in Compatibility mode. I then
copied a Worksheet from the Excel file 2000 to a new file in Excel 2007
and noticed that Excel 2007 was not running in Compatibility mode. Is
this par for the course i.e. what might be expected?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry[_3_]

Excel 2000 to Excel 2007

Thanks Bob for the confirmation.

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry wrote:

I have just used Excel 2007 in Vista to look at an Excel 2000 file
on a memory stick and noticed Excel was running in Compatibility
mode. I then copied a Worksheet from the Excel file 2000 to a new
file in Excel 2007 and noticed that Excel 2007 was not running in
Compatibility mode. Is this par for the course i.e. what might be
expected? TIA

~~~~

Gerry
~~~~