Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofill does not seem to work when dragging right

Excel two Sheets

Sheet1 Cell A1 has in it =sheet2!$C1 (sheet 2 C1 holds text)

I select the cell for auto fill ie along the column every cells gets the
same formula.

Drag it down the column and C on is fixed but the numeric part increments
as it should do - why does it not work when I pull it right across the row?

Any insight would be most appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you drag this formula to the right, you stay in the same row so the row
number will not increment.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"karlos" wrote:

Excel two Sheets

Sheet1 Cell A1 has in it =sheet2!$C1 (sheet 2 C1 holds text)

I select the cell for auto fill ie along the column every cells gets the
same formula.

Drag it down the column and C on is fixed but the numeric part increments
as it should do - why does it not work when I pull it right across the row?

Any insight would be most appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok but if you put 1 in on cell and 2 in another cell it increments along the
row,
similarly the column value a, b .c etc will also increment so why does the
cell row number not increment if the column is fixed as absolute, is there
any way round this? I need to copy about 1000 rows of 25 different refences
the only thing that cange is a letter d for the next row e for the f for the
next etc and 1 to 25 along the rows

so

on row 1 starting A1 =sheet2!C1 through to =sheet2!C25

then row 2 starting A2 = sheeet2!C26 through to = sheet2!C51

and then for the next 1000 lines or so

autofill would be so useful if it worked