Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DebraAnn

Default autofill dragging result rather than formula, why?

Using a simple formula, B2*C2. When dragging down to fill cells in a column
I get the result of the first cell as far as I drag. This only occurs on a
particular spreadsheet I received from a co-worker. If I go into another
cell and Press F2 and enter the results are ok for that cell now.

Is there a certain setting on the spreadsheet that makes this happen?
Appreciate any tips
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Sounds like the spreadsheet may be set for manual calculation?
Tools--Options--Calculation tab and set to automatic.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DebraAnn" wrote in message
Using a simple formula, B2*C2. When dragging down to fill cells in a
column
I get the result of the first cell as far as I drag. This only occurs on
particular spreadsheet I received from a co-worker. If I go into another
cell and Press F2 and enter the results are ok for that cell now.

Is there a certain setting on the spreadsheet that makes this happen?
Appreciate any tips

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Cool, Debra!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DebraAnn" wrote in message
Using a simple formula, B2*C2. When dragging down to fill cells in a
column
I get the result of the first cell as far as I drag. This only occurs
on
particular spreadsheet I received from a co-worker. If I go into
another
cell and Press F2 and enter the results are ok for that cell now.

Is there a certain setting on the spreadsheet that makes this happen?
Appreciate any tips

Adding "and" to Spellnumber code Ken G. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 10 July 22nd 06 12:53 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
Formula shown as a formula rather than it's result Tosca Excel Worksheet Functions 6 May 19th 05 03:39 AM
Copy Paste of Formula Produces Incorrect Result JLa Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 17th 05 06:56 PM
Amount or Numbers in Words ron New Users to Excel 6 December 24th 04 07:32 PM