Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I Designating a number with letters?

Winter Delta T = 82 Deg. F
Heating Design Degree Day = 6493 heating degree-days

In a work sheet, there are calculations that designate the letters dt or dd
as the number 82 or 6483.

EX:
Btu/h
=D9*E9*DT

Btu/h
352,469

Or just:

when you type =DT in a cell, the number 82 is put into that cell in the work
sheet.

I would much appreciate it if some one can help me understand how this is
done so I can replicate this in the future.

Thanks,

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a cell somewhere in your workbook (eg X1 and enter the value 82
in there). Then click on Insert | Name | Define and give that cell the
name DT.

Then in another cell enter the formula:

=DT

and 82 will appear there.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 6, 5:36*pm, dgb82 wrote:
Winter Delta T = * * * *82 * * *Deg. F
Heating Design Degree Day = * * 6493 * *heating degree-days

In a work sheet, there are calculations that designate the letters dt or dd
as the number 82 or 6483.

EX:
*Btu/h
=D9*E9*DT

Btu/h
352,469

Or just:

when you type =DT in a cell, the number 82 is put into that cell in the work
sheet.

I would much appreciate it if some one can help me understand how this is
done so I can replicate this in the future.

Thanks,

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert|Name|Define, for example, say your numbers 82 and 6493 are in column
E, under the aforementioned menu area, you might find:
Names in workbook: DT
Refers to: $E1
This means it will always refer to column E, but since the row is relative
(no dollar sign), it will vary by row. For example, on row 17, you have =DT.
It will populate whatever value is in cell E17.

--
John C

"dgb82" wrote:

Winter Delta T = 82 Deg. F
Heating Design Degree Day = 6493 heating degree-days

In a work sheet, there are calculations that designate the letters dt or dd
as the number 82 or 6483.

EX:
Btu/h
=D9*E9*DT

Btu/h
352,469

Or just:

when you type =DT in a cell, the number 82 is put into that cell in the work
sheet.

I would much appreciate it if some one can help me understand how this is
done so I can replicate this in the future.

Thanks,

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you,

Don

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Define the letters as Names: Insert Name Define and give them the values
=82 & =6493. You can then use them as you are wanting to.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings