Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import External Data Problem

I am using MS Office 2002. A Union Query has been created, resulting in a
data set that runs perfectly within Access. I was able to link an Excel
spreadsheet to this data source via ODBC until recently.

One of the data fields has had its name changed in the original Access
table. This has been accounted for in the query by setting an alias for the
affected field so that the Union Query still outputs the original field name.
The Union Query now outputs the same data with the same column names and
runs perfectly.

When refreshing the data in Excel I get the message 'Too Few Parameters,
expected 1'. If I look at the Query from Excel it is only showing the last
column name. Even if I try to return this to Excel it says there is no data.

Clearly there is data because the query works in Access. Any ideas why
Excel should fail to load this external data? It fails even when I try to
import it into a new spreadsheet.

Thanks
Peter