Roger MacInnis

Default Import external data "PROBLEM"

I have been downloading certain financial info via the import function.
Today I cannot access the data, when I check, I'm told the page is missing.
Also, I can not activate "import data", "new web query" and "new database
query" from the "data" message.

I would appreciate any assistance, thanks...

Mark C

I am having an identical problem - it started last week, and is specific only
to the existing queries in the Get external Data command. Other queries that
I have set up my self are unaffected. Also, I believe it affects Excel 200
(which I use) and not Excel 2003

Mark

"Roger MacInnis" wrote:

I have been downloading certain financial info via the import function.
Today I cannot access the data, when I check, I'm told the page is missing.
Also, I can not activate "import data", "new web query" and "new database
query" from the "data" message.

I would appreciate any assistance, thanks...

Roger MacInnis

Thanks, I tried that, what I did was copy the "parameter" from the "old"
query into the parameter of the new query and the ten I pased it over the
old query.

I works ok, except I still get an error message and I have refresh manually.
I still don't know Micrsoft would just change it like that...

"Mark C" wrote in message
Roger,

good news, I have a fix from a friend using Excell 2003. The website name
has changed from

http://investor.msn.com/external/ etc

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/external/ etc

Use edit query to change, but it then forces you to re-type all youe stock
symbols again, which is a bit of a pain.

hope this is clear, let me know if not.

Mark

"Roger MacInnis" wrote:

Right, Will Microsoft just replace the current page with the old page,
seems
simple to me...