Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number Formatting

I have a strange scenario. I have 2 different worksheets in my workbook. I
have similiar data and formulas in both (in fact I created the second one as
a copy/paste of the first one).

On my first sheet, I have some cells with a sum formula, and I have the cell
formatted as "General" and when the result is zero, it does not display
anything in the cell.

On the other sheet, it has the same formula and number formatting, but it
displays the zeros.

When I got into the number formatting for each cell, the one that displays
nothing for zero, shows that in the "Sameple" in the number formatting dialog
and the other shows the zero in the dialog.

I would like to have the behavior of showing nothing for zero. Does anyone
know how I actually got that to happen?

Thanks,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One guess is that its the sheet specific setting via clicking (in xl03):
Tools Options View tab Uncheck "Zero values" OK
--
Max
Singapore