Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Average elapsed time values?

I have a column with elapsed time values like 01:45, 02:25, 01:58, etc. I
can't seem to get the average to work out right using other posts, so can
anyone help me out! I have 667 values in colum M. All the values have a 0
as first number.

If I remove the 0 from the time, I have no problem, but that would take
forever, at least with my skill level!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like they are text. Try this

=AVERAGE(IF(D1:D100<"",--(D1:D100)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"MTB_AR" wrote in message
I have a column with elapsed time values like 01:45, 02:25, 01:58, etc. I
can't seem to get the average to work out right using other posts, so can
anyone help me out! I have 667 values in colum M. All the values have a
0
as first number.

If I remove the 0 from the time, I have no problem, but that would take
forever, at least with my skill level!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the double dashes do in the formula? I can't find a reference for that anywhere....

Thank you in advance,
Stan

Bob Phillips wrote:

How to Average elapsed time values?
24-Jul-08

Sounds like they are text. Try this

=AVERAGE(IF(D1:D100<"",--(D1:D100)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

Resolving the ASP.NET Database Security Dilemma
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...spnet-dat.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Found it. Unary, slick. Very slick. :)

Stan Schwartz wrote:

How to Average elapsed time values?
05-Oct-09

What is the double dashes do in the formula? I can't find a reference for that anywhere....

Thank you in advance,
Stan

Screen.MousePointer = hand in VB 6.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nter--han.aspx