Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down lists and autofill

Hi, I am setting up a workbook to handle the payment of invoices that I get
from various suppliers.

On one sheet (within the same workbook) I have set up details of supplier
name, account number, settlement discount etc.

On the main sheet, you can choose supplier for a particular invoice from a
drop-down list referencing the 'supplier' sheet, but is it then possible, on
choosing the supplier, to autofill adjacent cells on the main sheet with the
other info?

Hope that makes sense.

Adrian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use VLOOKUP().

See Excel Help
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200795

"Adrian Bamford" wrote:

Hi, I am setting up a workbook to handle the payment of invoices that I get
from various suppliers.

On one sheet (within the same workbook) I have set up details of supplier
name, account number, settlement discount etc.

On the main sheet, you can choose supplier for a particular invoice from a
drop-down list referencing the 'supplier' sheet, but is it then possible, on
choosing the supplier, to autofill adjacent cells on the main sheet with the
other info?

Hope that makes sense.

Adrian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

=VLOOKUP(A1,SHEET2!$A25:E700,COLUMNS($A:B),0)
This formula assumes this :
A1 is where you have your dropdownlist (adjust as needed)
SHEET2!A25$:E700data place in sheet 2(or any name you want)between A25 and
E700 ( again adjust as needed).
COLUMNS($A:B),)0 the only variable will be "B" and that's the cell you are
going to put the formula to VLOOKUP in the original working sheet. Then
change it to "C"
when you put the same formula in C in the original working sheet, ETC. and
copy down. Post back if any questions.

"Adrian Bamford" wrote:

Hi, I am setting up a workbook to handle the payment of invoices that I get
from various suppliers.

On one sheet (within the same workbook) I have set up details of supplier
name, account number, settlement discount etc.

On the main sheet, you can choose supplier for a particular invoice from a
drop-down list referencing the 'supplier' sheet, but is it then possible, on
choosing the supplier, to autofill adjacent cells on the main sheet with the
other info?

Hope that makes sense.

Adrian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As others have suggested, you can use a VLOOKUP formula to pull the
supplier data. There's an example order form here that might help you:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

Adrian Bamford wrote:
Hi, I am setting up a workbook to handle the payment of invoices that I get
from various suppliers.

On one sheet (within the same workbook) I have set up details of supplier
name, account number, settlement discount etc.

On the main sheet, you can choose supplier for a particular invoice from a
drop-down list referencing the 'supplier' sheet, but is it then possible, on
choosing the supplier, to autofill adjacent cells on the main sheet with the
other info?

Hope that makes sense.

Adrian

--