Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter not including added data

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After adding in the data, you will have to "re-filter" as needed.
--
John C

"deeds" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks...I did try to re-filter...I even removed filter and put back
on....still doesn't pick it up....the row actually shows up as a "footer" it
appears at the bottom of any other filter selection. The row number is black
vs. blue which tells me it is out of the "range".....strange...

"deeds" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any chance you have a blank row between the original data and the added data?

Perhaps hidden?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"deeds" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And do you let excel guess at the range that should be filtered--or do you
select the entire range (header through bottom row--all columns), then apply the
filter.

And what version of excel are you using.

If I recall correctly, I _think_ I had similar problems with xl97 (or maybe
xl2k). I actually had to insert some dummy data into a row beneath the last
row, reapply the filter, and then clean up the data in that dummy row.

That dummy row got included in the autofilter range, so I always saw "Blank" as
an option in the dropdown list.

====
It's been a long time, but I think I had this trouble when I did the filtering
via code--not manually--but I'm not sure about that.

"deeds" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem when I refresh external data in an Excel 2007 table.
Every time I refresh the range covered by the filter gets smaller than the
table by one row. It doesn't matter if remove and re-apply the filter.

I have looked at the underlying XML which has a tag "Autofilter ref" and the
range covered just gets smaller. It's simply a bug in Excel but it means
that reports produced are unreliable. Let's hope a hotfix comes out soon!