Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Filter not including added data

And do you let excel guess at the range that should be filtered--or do you
select the entire range (header through bottom row--all columns), then apply the
filter.

And what version of excel are you using.

If I recall correctly, I _think_ I had similar problems with xl97 (or maybe
xl2k). I actually had to insert some dummy data into a row beneath the last
row, reapply the filter, and then clean up the data in that dummy row.

That dummy row got included in the autofilter range, so I always saw "Blank" as
an option in the dropdown list.

====
It's been a long time, but I think I had this trouble when I did the filtering
via code--not manually--but I'm not sure about that.

deeds wrote:

Thanks...I did try to re-filter...I even removed filter and put back
on....still doesn't pick it up....the row actually shows up as a "footer" it
appears at the bottom of any other filter selection. The row number is black
vs. blue which tells me it is out of the "range".....strange...

"John C" wrote:

After adding in the data, you will have to "re-filter" as needed.
--
John C

"deeds" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with auto filter on...works fine....then I go to the
bottom of the data (row 400) and add data. This data will not show up in the
filter? Any ideas? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson