Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I nest more then 7 IF's?

I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't have Excel 2007, you can't. If you do have Excel 2007, you
shouldn't.

Tell us what you are trying to do, in words, there is bound to be a better
way.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you trying to use this to catagorize a data set or summarize by several
criteria? As far as I know, you can't nest more than 7 IF statements.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI Bob, essentially I have a row of 13 dollar figures, and my formula goes
like this... =if(k1=a1,a2,if(k1=b1,b2,if(k1=c1,c2,... Another way to do
that where I don't nest 13 IF's?? Thanks

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX(A2:M2,,MATCH(Sheet1!K1,A1:M1,0))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"KenCanuck" wrote:

I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd set up a VLOOKUP table that has your 13 values in one column (A) and the
corresponding values in the next column (B). I tend to group all of these on
a separate worksheet called LOOKUP values. This also let's you add more
values later. Assuming the first value you want to look up is in cell A1,
then your formula will look like this:

=VLOOKUP(A1,LOOKUP VALUES!A:B, 2, FALSE)
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the help index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"KenCanuck" wrote:

I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
HI Bob, essentially I have a row of 13 dollar figures, and my formula goes
like this... =if(k1=a1,a2,if(k1=b1,b2,if(k1=c1,c2,... Another way to do
that where I don't nest 13 IF's?? Thanks

Look at the HLookup formula. using the range A1..J2 it will find a value in
row 1 and return the value from the same col in row 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I understand that there must be a better way, but I'm not sure how. I'll
explain to you what I'm trying to do, please let me know if you can help.

I have worksheet 1 where I enter 9 rows of data, 4 columns of info.
This data is translated into worksheet 2, which prioritizes the 9 rows based
on the 4 column criteria.
Now I'm on worksheet 3. I would like to pull the data from worksheet 2,
after it's been prioritized and relist in on worksheet 3 in order of
importance 1 through 9.

But I can only nest 7 IF's, not 9. So IF any of worksheet 2 cells a1-a9
have a "1" in it, enter the corresponding worksheet-2, column-B data into
Worksheet 3's B1 cell.

Is this clear? Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX(Sheet2!B$1:B$9,MATCH(ROW(),Sheet1!A$1:A$9,0 )) in sheet 3 B1, & copy
down ?
--
David Biddulph

"KenCanuck" wrote in message
I need to nest about 13 IF functions in one formula, can I do this?

Nest IF....maybe? IF/AND?? Leigh Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 December 13th 07 11:03 PM
NEST A IF WITHIN A IF Karine Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 27th 07 10:11 PM
Too Many If's Rianne Excel Worksheet Functions 10 March 22nd 07 08:13 PM
IF's karensa Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 27th 06 10:05 PM
7+ Nest If's Channing Excel Worksheet Functions 9 January 22nd 05 08:53 PM