Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF's

I want to make the following...If A1=0 then B1=1. I simply have not
understood the help sections on this, so would someone just make it simple
for me. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In B1, insert the formula =IF(A1=0,1,""), assuming that you want B1 to be
blank if A1 is not zero. If you want B1 to be something else in that case,
then put the something else instead of the "".
--
David Biddulph

"karensa" wrote in message
I want to make the following...If A1=0 then B1=1. I simply have not
understood the help sections on this, so would someone just make it simple
for me. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

in cell B1 place
=IF(A1=0,1,"")
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"karensa" wrote:

I want to make the following...If A1=0 then B1=1. I simply have not
understood the help sections on this, so would someone just make it simple
for me. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Karensa,

In B1, type the formula

=IF(A1=0,1, Value here that you want for when A1 doesn't equal 0)

Like, perhaps,

=IF(A1=0,1,0)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"karensa" wrote in message
I want to make the following...If A1=0 then B1=1. I simply have not
understood the help sections on this, so would someone just make it simple
for me. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In B1 enter

=IF(A1=0,1,"A1 not 0 or blank")