Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question about linking please

I can set a direct link to another workbook called

='[orange.xls]07-27'!$i$20

Is there a way to change it so that the 07-27 equals to whatever is entered
in cell a7, for example if 08-20 is entered it goes to workbook orange sheet
08-20

i tried

='[orange.xls]&a7'!$i$20, but that did not work

cam someone please help me

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See my response in your previous post, Question regarding Lookup.

This would allow you to enter a date into a cell, and use that date to name
the tab in the ORANGE workbook.

=INDIRECT("'[ORANGE.xls]"&TEXT(MONTH(A7),"00")&"-"&TEXT(DAY(A7),"00")&"'!$I$20")

Formula now modified to fit new criteria.

and as both Gary and I stated before, the ORANGE workbook needs to be open.

--
John C