Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF with nested AND

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think your first formula is in error. You are in effect only looking for
any value in C1575 that is greater than "18:00:00"
your AND portion should be:
AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575<"18:00:00")

if you are wanting to include only the times between 6am and 6pm (non
inclusive).

--
John C

"Joco" wrote:

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John thanks for your reply

I have changed the one difference in the formulay, but irrespective of the
time the answer is always shown as 3

I was actually looking to highlite thoose after 18:00 and before 06:00

Joco (London)

"Joco" wrote:

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh, ok.

See Bob's solution, need to ensure the times in quotes are treated as
numbers, and the easy way to do it is with the -- in front of the quotes.

In regards to your other formula. You have realized that it is an array, and
you still have to sum the array formula.

=SUM(SUMIF(Range1,RangeTest,Range2))

Since this is an array formula, remember to press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter
the formula.

--
John C

"Joco" wrote:

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Hi and thanks for your prompt responce, both forumals work ok

I have tried to amend the SUMPRODUCT formular for something else without
success

I am trying to put a symbol in a collumn where a cell E14 equals names in
P17:P24, all fields are text names.

If you could assist me with this it would be appreciated

Thanks Joco (London)

"Joco" wrote in message
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before
or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid
formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells,
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My apologies, I missed your addition of SUM to the SUMIF.

--
__________________________________

"Joco" wrote:

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is
before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a
valid
formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant
field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of
cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in
the
block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Thanks,

Column A Column B Column C Formular Result
Smith Formula Brown
Jones Formula Davis ***
Wilson Formula Jones
Harris Formula Wilson ***
York Formula
Carlton Formula
Brown Formula ***

I am trying to put a symbol in column B if the name appears in column C.
Column A will be say 1,000 lines but column only 20 or so.

Hope this explains better

Thanks Joco (London)

"Joco" wrote in message
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is
before
or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid
formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field
is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of
cells,
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the
block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this what you mean?

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,C:C,0)),"symbol", other_formula)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Joco" wrote in message
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is
before
or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid
formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant
field
is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of
cells,
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the
block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Hi,

Thank you for the three formulas, which do exactly what I require.

I will now be able to replace some very long and unwieldly formulas and
procedures with thoose you have given me, which will reduce the size, and
simplfy my spreedsheets.

Thanks once again

Joco (London)