Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joco Joco is offline

Default IF with nested AND

Hi John thanks for your reply

I have changed the one difference in the formulay, but irrespective of the
time the answer is always shown as 3

I was actually looking to highlite thoose after 18:00 and before 06:00

Joco (London)

"John C" wrote:

I think your first formula is in error. You are in effect only looking for
any value in C1575 that is greater than "18:00:00"
your AND portion should be:
AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575<"18:00:00")

if you are wanting to include only the times between 6am and 6pm (non
inclusive).

--
John C

"Joco" wrote:

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to put a symbol on a line, if a time is before or
after a specified time. I have tried the following which is a valid formula,
but does not give me the correct answer.

=IF(AND("06:00:00"<C1575,C1575"18:00:00"),5,3) (the relevant field is
formatted to monotype sorts to give either a tick or a cross)

I am also trying to produce an IF formula that looks at a block of cells, I
have tried the following, which only works for the first cell in the block

=SUMIF(E10:E1600,E1609:E1615,(K10:K1600))

The E1609:E1615 contains text names

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks

Joco (London)